A Finding Aid to the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation Records
Established in Cleveland in 1953, the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation has grown into a worldwide philanthropic organization that has generously aided many Jewish and general community causes. A portion of the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation Records were donated between 2011 and 2013. The collection focuses primarily on the Foundation’s efforts to further Jewish education through the Commission on Jewish Education in North America and its successor, the Council for Initiatives in Jewish Education. In recruiting top scholars and conducting rigorous research, these agencies sought to improve the standards for Jewish education and strengthen community support for Jewish educational institutions.
Using this Collection:
The Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Foundation began with a corporate foundation established in 1953 by Jack N. Mandel (1911–2011), Joseph C. Mandel (1913–2016), and Morton L. Mandel (b. 1921) in Cleveland, Ohio. Read More...